GENERAL SWIMMING POOL RULES
1. Children 14 years and under will have a 15 minute break each hour.
2. Children under 12 years old must pass the swim test to be at the pool without a guardian (16 years or older). Children under 12 years, unaccompanied by an adult, must leave the pool at 7 p.m.
3. No running pushing or rough play will be permitted anywhere in the pool area. Lifeguard judgment prevails.
4. All members and guests will walk on the deck.
5. No abusive, offensive or profane language shall be permitted. Misconduct of this nature, as well as harassing behavior such as interference with children’s games, pushing, and excessive splashing of other swimmers, will result in the following penalties.
§ 1st infraction-warning
§ 2nd infraction-sitting out for a period of time
§ 3rd infraction-expulsion from the pool for one day
Any talking back to the lifeguards or managers may result in immediate expulsion
6. Proper swimming apparel will be worn at all times, i.e., gym shorts, cut-offs, etc, are not considered proper swimming apparel.
7. Glass is prohibited on the deck and in the pool.
8. Footbaths will be used before entering the pool area from the roped in grass areas.
9. Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers and/or tight rubber pants. The pool must be closed for several hours if there is an accidental condition.
10. Guests are subject to the same rules and regulations as members. The sponsoring member assumes full responsibility for the conduct of and/or damage caused by their guest(s).
11. A shower is required of all persons before using the pool.
12. Drive slowly and carefully, following the flow of traffic, in the parking area.
SWIM TEST POLICY
1. Children under the age of 10 must complete a swim test in order to utilize the pool unaccompanied by an adult (without an adult in the water).
2. The swim test requirements are as followed:
a. Must swim one pool length.
b. Must tread water for one minute.
DIVING BOARD RULES
1. No flotation devices are permitted on the diving boards.
2. Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving board.
3. One (1) bounce per dive: Divers may only take one bounce before leaving the board, and divers may only progress in a forward direction towards the pool while on the board.
4. No running on the board.
5. Performing cartwheels, handstands, etc. off the board is not allowed.
6. The guard on duty may restrict certain dives based on safety concerns.
7. Sitting, swinging, or standing on the handrails is prohibited.
8. Hanging from the board is prohibited.
9. Swim directly to the ladder after diving.
10. The diver on the board may not proceed off the board until the previous diver has reached the ladder or has completely cleared the diving well.
11. Only guards may open and close the diving well.
12. There is no swimming in the diving well while there are people diving with the exception of 1 parent assisting a child.
13. No running pushing or horseplay is permitted around the perimeter of the diving area.
14. No hanging sitting or standing on the lane line separating the swimming and diving areas.
15. Water squirting devices are to be used in/around the pool and grassy areas only - NOT in the pavilion.
WADING/BABY POOL RULES
1. The wading pool is for children 6 and under. Please make sure older children are NOT using the wading pool, even during break.
2. Supervision of children in the wading pool is the responsibility of the parent or adult supervisor. Supervision shall be described as being within arm’s reach of the child at all times. There is no lifeguard on duty in the wading pool.
3. Children must not be left unattended at any time.
4. The gate leading to/from the wading pool should remain closed and latched at all times.
5. No deck furniture may be placed in the wading pool.
6. No water guns allowed in the wading pool area.
1. No alcoholic beverages are permitted anywhere on the CCHRC premises.
2. Bicycle riders shall use the designated area for parking of bicycles and shall ride carefully.
3. No pets shall be allowed in the enclosed pool area. Licensed Service Dogs with vest are permitted on pool grounds but we respectfully ask that they remain in the grass areas as much as possible.
4. All trash shall be placed in containers provided for this purpose.
5. The cost of any property damage shall be charged to the responsible member, and if a guest is responsible it shall be charged to the sponsoring member.
6. The CCHRC management will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property. Unclaimed lost and found articles will be donated to a non-profit charitable organization.
The CCHRC management appreciates your help in keeping our tennis courts clean and playable. Contacting the Lifeguard at the entrance to the pool can reserve the CCHRC tennis courts. The following rules apply to tennis court reservations:
o Courts may be reserved for the current or the following day, for example, on Monday a court may be reserved for Monday or Tuesday.
o Courts may be reserved for a one-hour limit for singles and a one and a half hour limit for doubles.
o Individuals 18 and over have priority during the following times:
All weekends and holidays
Weekdays after 5 p.m.
*Individuals under 18 who have full-time jobs may obtain special consideration by contacting the Pool Manager.
*Court reservations may be made only for the hours of pool operation.
*No wheels on the tennis courts. (Ex: skateboards, roller blades etc.)