The founding members held their first meeting on March 19, 1956 which set into motion the formation of CCHRC. On April 5, 1956 the CCHRC charter was made official. Shortly after the formation of the corporation the land was purchased and construction of the pool began. Late August 1958, the swimming pool was opened for a one month period and closed soon afterwards late in September. As unbelievable as it may seem, CCHRC members were already swimming during the construction of the original pool house. Over the winter months construction was completed and the pool was officially opened on May 30, 1959.